My appointment was at 3:15 p.m., and the doctor didn’t see me till 5 p.m. As a wife of a resident, I understand doctors getting behind schedule (especially if they are called into a surgery), but it was still a little unpleasant. Then the doctor proceeded to tell me he doesn’t think it’s time to take my stent out just yet and that he wants to wait two more weeks. At that point, I’m wondering why I just waited almost two hours (and paid a $50 copay) just to be told I can’t get the stent removed yet. Couldn’t I have gotten that kind of information just as easily in a phone call?
The doctor did confirm to me the pain I have been experiencing is because of the stent, so it’s a bummer that I have to deal with it for two more weeks. The one silver lining is that I get to have the procedure done on September 2 under conscious sedation, so I don’t have to experience the pain of the procedure.
I am trying to remain positive, and I’m truly glad I only have two weeks left to deal with this pain, but I have to admit I’m super disappointed I have to wait even longer before I can really move forward. Here’s hoping the next two weeks pass as quickly as possible!