For the stir fry:
1 lb. skinless, boneless thin-cut chicken breasts
1 cup baby carrots, chopped
1 cup sugar snap peas
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsps. vegetable oil
salt, to taste
For the lemon stir fry sauce:
1 cup chicken broth
1.5 tbsps. cornstarch
1.5 tbsps. sugar
1.5 tbsps. soy sauce
1.5 tbsps. teriyaki sauce
3 tbsps. lemon juice (to taste)
To make the lemon stir-fry sauce:
Mix all of the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Then, pour the sauce in a mason jar. It will be enough for five to six meals. You can keep it in the fridge for up to two weeks.
To make the lemon chicken stir fry:
1. Slice the chicken into bite sized pieces, season it with a pinch of salt
2. Slice carrots and other vegetables (we used peas)
3. Heat the wok over high heat. Once it’s hot, add the oil.
4. Cook the chicken until it is completely browned
5. Once the chicken is done, remove it from the pan, but leave the oil/juices in the wok.
6. Cook the carrots until nearly tender (should take about three minutes), then reduce the heat to medium and mix in the minced garlic and sliced peas.
7. Once the veggies are done, push them to the edge of the wok and toss the eggs into the center and scramble.
8. Once the eggs are nearly finished, return the chicken to the wok
9. Pour two tablespoons of the sauce over the entire wok. Mix all the ingredients.
10. Serve immediately. It also tastes great with rice or noodles.
What's your favorite kind of stir fry?