What you need:
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 large onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 4-pound rotisserie chicken, chopped
4 ounces of diced mild green chiles, drained
¾ quart of chicken broth
2 cans of white beans, drained
1 can of corn, drained
1. Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a six-quart pot.
2. Add the onion to the pot and stir until tender (about four to five minutes)
3. Mix in the cumin, garlic, and oregano and cook for one minute.
4. Stir in the chicken and chilies. Stir. Then, add the chicken broth and one can of beans.
5. Reduce the heat to low and simmer. Stir periodically for 20 minutes.
6. While the meal is simmering, puree the second can of beans. Stir in the beans. Then, add the corn to the chili.
7. Simmer for an additional five minutes.
8. We love to add cheese and sour cream (to taste) when it’s in our individual bowls and mix it into the chili.
On the first day of making this meal, we eat it as chili, but on day two, we either add chips or use it for tacos.